The week of August 10-16 is #SafeAndSound2020 week, a nationwide event held each August, recognizing workplace health and safety programs’ successes and providing information and ideas on keeping America’s workers safe.
We know successful safety and health programs can be proactive by recognizing and managing workplace hazards before they cause injury or illness.
The safety of our staff is essential to us. Our employees have undergone extensive training in safe working procedures and the proper use of tools and equipment, adhering to the Window Cleaning Field Safety Guide’s guidelines:
- Our team members have insurance against work-related incidents. We protect our customers, and their property is safeguarded.
- Initiating a job, we assess the weather, ladders, tools and equipment, chemicals, electrical, and building occupants, co-workers, and the public.
- Window cleaning requires specific tools that need to be taken care of and properly maintained. We keep our cleaning buckets and implements out of the way of workers and public traffic.
- We are careful not to leave extension poles or water-fed poles extended and unattended.
- We are aware of spilled water and know the dangers that come from it. If water spills, we immediately remove it from any walking surfaces.
- Our employees move or protect any items or hazards that may cause them to slip or fall or be damaged by dripping water.
- Falls from ladders can be fatal. Technicians are trained portable ladder safety. This training covers proper selection, placement and use. When ladders are used properly, workers can perform their job duties free from accident or injury.
The Madison Window Cleaning team is committed to ongoing training with our staff, keeping the customers and their property in mind. As we wrap up the summer during Safe and Sound Week, we know that we provide a high level of service our clients deserve. If your windows need cleaning, ask about an estimate. Visit our Facebook page, our website, contact us, or call at (608) 256-7632.