10 Window Cleaning Tips for Busy Homeowners
The window is one of the most overlooked areas in our homes. People don’t think about it until there’s a problem, but that’s when it can be too late for some.
If you want to avoid future problems and keep your home looking its best all year round, you’ll need to follow these ten simple steps:
- Make sure you have the right tools for the job. This includes a good quality squeegee, a scrubber brush, and a supply of clean microfiber cloths.
- Fill a bucket with warm soapy water and get to work on one window at a time.
- Start by giving the frame and sill a good wipe down with your brush. This will remove any build-up of dirt and dust.
- Next, use your squeegee to move the soapy water across the glass in one smooth stroke. Be sure to do this from top to bottom to avoid streaking.
- Once you’ve removed the majority of the water, go over the area with a dry microfiber cloth to soak up any remaining moisture.
- Repeat the process on all of the windows in your home, inside and out.
- For hard-to-reach areas, such as skylights or high windows, consider using an extension pole with your squeegee.
- Once you’re finished, give all of your tools a good rinse and put them away until next time.
- To avoid streaks, make sure the area around your sink is clean and dry before starting to wash your windows. This way, you can avoid getting any water spots on the glass.
- Finally, enjoy your sparkling clean windows and let in some fresh air!
Cleaning windows may seem like a daunting task, but it’s actually quite easy once you get the hang of it. With the right tools and a little elbow grease, you’ll have your windows looking streak-free in no time. Just be sure to follow these ten tips and tricks for the best results.